How to Register a Nevada Business Entity in Another State

As local businesses struggle in the current Las Vegas economy, many of them are looking to do business out of state where the grass appears somewhat greener. While not always necessary, it is usually beneficial for these businesses to register in the states where they plan on having an established presence.

Registration of a NV entity such as a limited liability company can be complicated, and if done incorrectly, it can lead to costly consequences for a business. For this reason it is always best to consult with competent legal counsel before forming or registering any business entity in Nevada or abroad.

There are a few items and pieces of information your attorney will likely need before you can register your NV entity in another state:

  • The name of your company, or a fictitious name if the name already belongs to another entity in the state.
  • The names and addresses of the entity officers.
  • The name and address of the statutory or registered agent for the entity. The person usually must have an address within the state. If the agent prefers to receive correspondence at a post office box they are usually required to provide an alternate physical address.
  • A Certificate of Existence or Good Standing for the respective entity from the Secretary of State.
  • The appropriate filing fee for the state.

While this list is by no means exhaustive, it is fairly representative of what most states require. The requirements vary between entity types, but are generally quite similar.

If you would like to learn more about foreign registration of Nevada entities, contact Ellsworth, Moody & Bennion for a consultation.

Comments Off on How to Register a Nevada Business Entity in Another State

Comments are closed at this time.